SyncEvolution 1.1 released
An incremental update, resolving issues where the fixes would have been too intrusive for a 1.0.x release. It replaces 1.0.x as the officially supported stable version.
Compatibility with Nokia phones was improved. Some new features were also included (command line options for manipulating items, backends for MeeGo PIM storages). Details:
- bug fix in sync-ui: wrong direction of one-way data transfers with devices (BMC #7091)
- bug fix in syncevo-dbus-server: incorrect Presence status after config change (BMC #8453) Shows up in sync-ui as "'Sync Now' button active after creating a config while offline".
- sync-ui (GTK version): app is now listed as "SyncEvolution (GTK)" under "Office"
- Nokia phones: avoid data loss in two-way sync due to X-EVOLUTION-UI-SLOT (BMC #2566)
- Nokia phones: alarm times in UTC, sending PHOTO (BMC #1657, #5860)
- included all phone templates submitted to syncevolution.org Wiki (BMC #5727)
- syncevo-phone-config: set consumerReady in output, more useful for Wiki (BMC #3803)
- workaround for D-Bus timeouts in EDS libecal/libebook (BMC #4026)
- added generic command line options for importing, exporting, updating, listing and deleting items in the different backends
- added backends for mKCal and QtContacts (MeeGo PIM storage), meant to be used for manipulating this data on the command line
- enhanced D-Bus interface (BMC #3558, #3559, #3560, #3562, #3563, #7761, #7766)
- the command line tool now warns when running against a different D-Bus daemon (BMC #3563)
- creating and configuring sources in a context (without peer-specific properties) is now supported
- improved documentation: README.rst, man page, and --help output
- fixed some compile issues (BMC #6367), improved nightly testing
Source, Installation, Further information
Source snapshots are in http://downloads.syncevolution.org/syncevolution/sources
i386, amd64 and lpia binaries for Debian-based distributions are available via the "stable" syncevolution.org repository. Add the following entry to your /apt/source.list, then install "syncevolution-evolution":
deb http://downloads.syncevolution.org/apt stable main
These binaries include the "sync-ui" GTK GUI and were compiled for Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy). Older distributions like Debian 4.0 (Etch) can no longer be supported with precompiled binaries because of missing libraries, but the source still compiles when not enabling the GUI (the default).
The same binaries are also available as .tar.gz and .rpm archives in http://downloads.syncevolution.org/syncevolution/evolution. In contrast to 0.8.x archives, the 1.0 .tar.gz archives have to be unpacked and the content must be moved to /usr, because several files would not be found otherwise.
After installation, follow the getting started steps.